23 April 2020

1 Ramadan 1441 H - The power of sadaqah


I did my tooth a month earlier but on that day, I totally ruined it. I realized a little crack happened in between the teeth after I accidentally chewed the fish bones. I guess the next day would be the last day to the dental clinic before my wedding day.


I arrived at the clinic and registered. I took a glance through the glass door to see the passersby. My eye caught a woman selling something as simple as a tissue pack. I thought I knew her. Yes, I was pretty sure I met her before, but couldn't easily remember to when and where I met her.


I stepped out of the clinic and went to give a long look to the woman, trying to remember her. Yes she was that blind pure-hearted old woman I met a few years ago. She lent me her RM5 for me to go back home while I lost my purse 5 years ago. I asked where she lived, what was her number and where I can meet her to return the money. She insisted on not returning the money as she lived with her daughter. It was her sadaqah for me. We had a very long conversation and Alhamdulillah I thanked her and took a bus home.


I had no idea that she was actually working selling things by the roadside to earn for a living 😢 
I took an RM50 note, shaked her hand and slipped in the note. 



 


I said clearly to her ear that I gave her RM50, so that she could be careful when handed the money when buying things. I said thank you for her kindness. She smiled and from the gestures, I knew she remembered me. Or maybe not.


My number was called, and I went for the treatment. At the counter, I was ready to pay both for the treatment and medicines, but surprisingly the staff told me that everything was free for me on that day. She said the dentist told them not to charge me anything 😢


MasyaAllah. We will not lose anything if we give it to others. Allah will reward us even more. If you give RM5, then Allah will send his rizq through many ways to bless us with RM50. You let go of your money to feed others, then Allah will make your life easier and so many blessings are awaiting us here in Dunya and Aakhirah. What else to be expected to be the best place for the dentist who treated me nicely before? May Allah grant her Jannatul Firdaus and give her more rizq.

 
Sadaqah is not for the wealthy people only, but everyone is desired to do so in our very own capacity. Sadaqah is a sign that you are a grateful servant to Allah 😊


 "If you are grateful, I will surely give you more and more" (Ibrahim 14:7 ).



Dear my siblings Ar Ruhul Jadid,
All of you are always in my dua. I never missed praying for you guys. Take care dear everyone.






😍, 
Saffah



1 comment:

  1. Kullu ma'rufin sadaqah. Setiap perkara yang baik itu sedekah. 😊

    ReplyDelete